Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I have read the “Author Guidelines” found on this website at https://openjournals.bsu.edu/jsacp/guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The manuscript conforms to the Reporting Standards for Research in Psychology as specified in APA Publications and Communications Board Working Group on Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS) (2008). American Psychologist, 63, 839-851.
- This manuscript is not being considered by another journal nor has it been published elsewhere. If applicable, I have provided information in a cover letter about any closely related manuscripts that have been submitted for consideration to the same or another journal. If the manuscript has been previously published in conference proceedings I have explained this in my cover letter.
- This research and the manuscript have been conducted and prepared consistent with the APA Publication Manual (6th edition).
- I have obtained permission to reproduce or adapt any copyrighted material from other sources and am able to provide documentation for this permission. Alternatively, I have determined that my use of copyrighted material falls within the scope of fair use.
- I agree to comply with APA Ethics Code Standard 8.14a, Sharing Research Data for Verification, allowing other qualified professionals to confirm the analyses and results should my manuscript be accepted for publication. Per APA guidelines I will retain raw data for a minimum of 5 years after publication of the research.
- I have adequately concealed the identity of all authors to ensure masked review by removing author names and affiliations from article text and filename.
- If my manuscript submission includes supplemental materials, I have explained the relevance of these materials in the article itself.
- I am not using the data from this study in any other study (either completed or planned). If this is not true make sure you explain this in detail as well as provide copies of other studies.
- If necessary, this study received research ethics committee (e.g., Institutional Review Board) approval. Please note that you must include in your Methods section a brief statement addressing this issue.
- By including author names and contact information during the submission process, I affirm that these individuals have agreed to be authors.
By submitting to JSACP, the author(s) agree to the terms of the Author Agreement. Beginning in 2018, all authors retain copyrights associated with their article contributions and agree to make such contributions available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license upon publication in JSACP. Copyrights to articles published prior to 2018 have been transferred from the authors to JSACP.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.