This agreement takes effect upon acceptance of the Submission for publication in Fine Focus.
- I hereby grant to Ball State University the non-exclusive right to retain, reproduce, and distribute the Submission in whole or in part, in print and electronic format and in any medium. This agreement does not represent a transfer of copyright to Ball State University.
- Ball State University may make and keep multiple copies of the work for purposes of security, backup, preservation, and access; and may migrate the work to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation and access.
- I represent and warrant to Ball State University that the work is work is my original work and that I have the authority as sole author and /or on behalf of my co-authors to grant the rights contained in this agreement. I also represent that the work does not, to the best of my knowledge, infringe, or violate any rights of others.
- I further represent and warrant that I have obtained all necessary rights to permit Ball State University to reproduce and distribute the work. Alternatively, I represent that my use of third party material is allowed because the material is in the public domain or I have performed a fair use analysis and reasonably believe my use is permitted. Any third-party owned content is clearly identified and acknowledged within the work.
- I understand that Ball State University may grant these same rights to Fine Focus. Additionally, I grant the right to both Ball State University and Fine Focus to enter into agreements with third-party entities that grant any or all of the rights the author has granted to Ball State herein. This may include the rights necessary to print, index, and abstract the Submission.
- Fine Focus follows an open-access publishing model, meaning that all articles will be publicly accessible on the Internet immediately upon publication.
- Fine Focus applies a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license to encourage sharing and reuse of content and to maximize the impact of published research. By publishing in Fine Focus, you agree that the terms of this license will be applied to the Submission. The Ball State University Libraries Copyright and Scholarly Communications Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) may be able to offer additional information.