Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I declare that this submission is my original work, and that it does not, to the best of my knowledge, infringe upon anyone's copyright.
- The text is less than 8,000 words excluding footnotes, double-spaced, 12 point New Times Roman, and properly cited in Chicago Style footnotes.
- I grant to The Burkhardt Review the right to keep copies of my submission, and to translate it to any medium for future reproduction, distribution, and preservation.
- I agree that that The Burkhardt Review may, without changing the content, translate the submission to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation.
- Rights of subsequent publication: The Burkhardt Review acknowledges that the author may wish to publish work elsewhere at a future date. I recognize that I am able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- At least three primary sources and three secondary sources are consulted.
- I was enrolled at a university at the time of research.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.