Ball State University Libraries Author Agreement for the Burkhardt Review
This agreement takes effect upon acceptance of the Submission entitled ______________ ("Submission") for publication.
- I hereby grant to Ball State University, including Ball State University Libraries and Ball State University Center for Peace and Conflict Studies, the non-exclusive right to retain, reproduce and distribute the Submission in whole or in part, in print and electronic format and in any medium. This agreement does not represent a transfer of copyright to Ball State University.
- Ball State University may make and keep multiple copies of the work for purposes of security, backup, preservation and access; and may migrate the work to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation and access.
- I represent and warrant to Ball State University that the work is my original work and that I have the authority as sole author and/or on behalf of my co-authors to grant the rights contained in this agreement. I also represent that the work does not, to the best of my knowledge, infringe or violate any rights of others.
- I further represent and warrant that I have obtained all necessary rights to permit Ball State University to reproduce and distribute the work. Alternatively, I represent that my use of third party material is allowed because the material is in the public domain or I have performed a fair use analysis and reasonably believe my use is permitted. Any third-party owned content is clearly identified and acknowledged within the work.
- I understand that Ball State University may grant these same rights to the Journal entitled Burkhardt Review (“Journal”) and its sponsoring associations. Additionally, I grant the right to both Ball State University, the Journal, and the Sponsoring Associations to enter into agreements with third-party entities that grant any or all of the rights the author has granted to Ball State herein. This may include the rights necessary to print, index and abstract the Submission.
- The Journal follows an open-access publishing model, meaning that all accepted Submissions will be publicly accessible on the Internet immediately upon publication. I understand that I may share a draft or preprint version of the Submission through a personal or institutional website prior to its publication in the Journal; however, I agree to refrain from distributing the accepted, peer-reviewed version of the Submission prior to its publication by the Journal.
- The Journal applies a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial No-Derivatives 4.0 International license to encourage sharing and reuse of content and to maximize the impact of published research. You agree that the terms of this license will be applied to the Submission if accepted and published in the Journal: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/. The Ball State University Libraries Copyright and Scholarly Communications Office (email@example.com) may be able to offer additional information.
By granting this license, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to the terms of this agreement.