The leadership teams for Counselors for Social Justice (CSJ) and Psychologist for Social Responsibility (PsySR) are seeking applications for Co-Editor(s) of the Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology (JSACP). The Co-Editors will serve 3-year terms from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2026. The current Co-Editors will mentor and train the incoming Co-Editors from the date they are selected until September 30, 2023.
- Earned doctoral degree in a counseling, psychology, social work, or other related fields
- Expertise in social action and justice
- Previous experience as an editorial board member on a peer-reviewed journal or an Ad Hoc reviewer of peer-reviewed journal articles
- Significant publishing record that includes publication in peer-refereed journals
- Current member or person willing to join CSJ and/or PsySR
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of writing mechanics, APA Publication Manual 7th Edition, Microsoft Word, and pdfs
- Commitment to CSJ/PsySR’s mission and to promoting high-quality scholarship in the journal
- Previous experience as an Editor of a peer-reviewed journal
- Previous experience as an editorial board member on a peer-reviewed journal
- A history of involvement in and contribution to CSJ and/or PsySR
Advanced Early Career and Senior Scholars are welcome to apply!
Overview of Responsibilities
The co-editors provide oversight of the peer-review process for approximately 100 article submissions per year, communicate with authors, select articles for publication in each issue, communicate with the publisher, promote submission of articles, and recruit and manage the editorial review board.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest discussing their social action and social justice scholarship, editorial experience, vision for JSACP, a current CV, three samples of scholarly work, and a letter of support for the JSACP operations from their employer. The letter from the employer should detail the nature of that support (e.g., graduate assistants, administrative, technology, release time, space, etc.). The JSACP Search Committee will review applications and select the next Co-Editors to begin on July 1, 2023. Applications and any related questions may be sent to Shon D. Smith, EdD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials are due June 7, 2023, and all applicants will be notified by no later than June 23, 2023, as to the status of their application. Once appointed, the new Co-Editors will work closely with the current Co-Editors until September 30, 2023.Read more about Call for Co-Editors: Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology