Teaching History: A Journal of Methods is an open-access journal serving historians and history teachers. Since 1976, our articles have emphasized the use of primary and secondary sources in classrooms and the impact of specific strategies and practices on student learning.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text should be double spaced, one space between each sentence. If graphics are used, place them at the end of the text and indicate approximately where in the text they should appear, referring to all graphics as Figure 1, Figure 2, etc.
- The text is between 2500-5000 words and follows Chicago Manual of Style format.
- The article text does not include any information that might identify me as the author.
By submitting to Teaching History, the author(s) agree to the terms of the Author Agreement. All authors retain copyrights associated with their article or review contributions. Beginning in 2019, all authors agree to make such contributions available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license upon publication.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.