The Journal of Special Education Preparation (JOSEP) is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal that features research-to-practice information and materials for special education faculty in higher education settings. Published bi-annually, JOSEP brings its readers the latest on evidence-based instructional strategies, technologies, procedures, and techniques to prepare special education teachers and leaders. The focus of its practical content is on immediate application.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submitting author has reviewed in detail the Author Guidelines.
- Submission is in APA format.
- Submission has a specific research-to-practice focus.
- Submission reflects a direct focus on preparing preservice special education teachers and/or administrators.
- Submission is feature-length (18-25 pages including abstract, tables, figures, and references).
- Submission references current research.
- Submission manuscript is masked (i.e., "anonymous").
- Submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Submission file is in Microsoft Word file format with pagination.
- Cover letter is submitted as a separate document with list of authors, affiliations and author bios. Coverletter includes disclosure of funding or conflicts of interests.
Manuscript submissions for this section are open to the public.
Small Programs Special Issue
Manuscript submissions to this section is for invited authors only.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.